Digital Safety and Security for Young LGBTI persons, Young Key populations
Being LGBTI in Asia and the Pacific is a regional programme aimed at addressing inequality, violence and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status, and promotes universal access to health and social services. It is a collaboration between governments, civil society, regional institutions and other stakeholders to advance the social inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. The programme recognizes that LGBTI people are highly marginalized and face varied forms of stigma and discrimination based on their distinct sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions. The programme is supported by UNDP, the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok, the U.S. Agency for International Development, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the Ministry for European Affairs and Equality (Malta), the Government of Canada and Faith in Love Foundation (Hong Kong, SAR).
This online course is proposed to better equip Young LGBTI persons and YKPs with the skills they need to protect themselves and their peers when accessing information online and developing their own online spaces. The objectives of this online course are:
- To enhance the capacity of Young LGBTI persons and YKPs to develop safe spaces online.
- To equip Young LGBTI persons and YKPs with digital literacy skills to distinguish between real information and disinformation
- To equip Young LGBTI persons and YKPs with skills to protect their own data and remain safe online.
- To equip Young LGBTI persons and YKPs with skills to protect the data of their peers and ensure their safety while hosting online events.
- Support the continuation of the joint programme on sexual orientation and gender identity and expression (SOGIE) issues in the education sector in Asia through the Being LGBTI in Asia and the Pacific programme.
- [LY101] Digital Security risks online for LGBTI and YKP: under development.
- [LY102] How to navigate online spaces more effectively and safely (Safeguarding young LGBTI persons and YKPs): under development.
- [LY103] Mental health and cyber-bullying: under development.
- [LY104] Misinformation online/Trusted Sources online: under development.
- [LY105] Creating safe spaces online: under development.
- [LY106] HIV Digital Programming 1: the basics of key components that should be established before program design and implementation.
- [LY107] HIV Digital Programming 2: in this module, there are six topics you can choose from to study and develop a relevant digital HIV and SRHR program.
[LY101] Digital Security and Hygiene
In this module you will learn about how you can improve your digital security and digital hygiene.
[LY102] Digital Privacy and Security
In this module you will go over how to set safety guidelines, and how to prevent and deal with doxxing.
[LY103] Fake News
In this Module you will learn about: Fake News Common Myths, False News, Misinformation and Disinformation about LGBTIQ People
[LY104] Digital Well-being and Citzenship
In this module you will find information on: Digital Well-being Cyber-bullying Sex and Dating Online
[LY105] Online Personal Safety
[LY106] HIV Digital Programming 1
The basics of key components that should be established before program design and implementation.
[LY107] HIV Digital Programming 2
In this module, there are six topics you can choose from to study and develop a relevant digital HIV and SRHR program.